Related Posts Let’s say you want a list of every Fortune 1,000 CEO in the United States, along with a picture and contact information.You can look through Google. Top page results may help a bit. But to get the granularity you need, top page results can only go so far. What’s the best way to go about discovering and collecting information that is so often scattered and fragmented?Crowdsourcing works but you need a process and a way to organize the information.Smartsheet provides a way to use wikis and spreadsheets for crowdsourcing information from services like Mechanical Turk and Live Works.Smartsheet recently integrated with Google Apps. Clients can work from Google Apps to crowdsource information through Smartsheet.Let’s say you have a list of the startup companies from the top 10 metro areas in the United States. You have the names of the companies in Google Apps. But you are lacking the name of the CEO and any contact information. So, you add some columns and open the Smartsheet application directly from Google Apps.You may now make your request to have the work done for you. Smartsheet opens a service such as Mechanical Turk. You describe the job, what you need and set your price. As the tasks are performed, the new information pops into the spreadsheet. You can then import the spreadsheet back into Google Apps. IT + Project Management: A Love Affair alex williams Smartsheet integrates with a wiki environment. For example, Smartsheet works with Brain Keeper. Structured information from Smartsheet may be imported into the wiki, providing the crowd-sourced data to anyone with access.Crowdsourcing is a classic example of how the enterprise can get information almost immediately that could take hours to collect if done manually by one person. The cost savings alone makes Smartsheet an application worth giving a try.SmartSheet is a subscription service. Pricing starts at $9.95 per month on a per-user-basis. Tags:#enterprise#news 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Now Massive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… Cognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of…
Indigenous Peoples Front of Tripura (IPFT) MLA Dhananjoy Tripura has tied the knot with the girl who had alleged that he raped her on the pretext of marrying her. The wedding is the fallout of hectic negotiations between the families of the MLA and the girl, who hails from Mandwai, at the intervention of some senior IPFT leaders.Police had booked the Mr. Tripura (29) under sections of 417 and 376 of IPC after the tribal girl in her complaint with the police on May 20 last charged him with raping and deceiving her with the promise of marriage.Police made progress in the investigation amid pressure from different social forums for a fair and complete probe.Sources in the IPFT said senior leaders intervened for an amicable solution between the families as police were to arrest the MLA anytime. Mr. Tripura, who had vehemently denied the allegation, finally relented.The marriage was solemnised at a simple ceremony attended by only family members. Both the bride and the groom made a joint submission to the designated court seeking the closure of the case.
The biggest delegation to arrive was from Kenya which included 112 members. The Nigerian and Scottish delegations also arrived on Sunday with 69 and 60 members respectively. The number is expected to rise as 100 more are scheduled to arrive from Canada and Norfolk Islands at night.The Isle of Man team at the CWG village.Also, teams from Tanzania, Lesotho, Rwanda, Wales and several other nations arrived.The first team from Canada will check in at the Games Village on Monday and will include the boxers and lawn bowl players.Scott Stevenson, director of sport, Commonwealth Games Canada ( CGC), said the support staff was slated to move in to the Village on Sunday.”Work has progressed far enough and we’re ready to start moving in to the Village,” he said. Stevenson also expressed his satisfaction on the condition of the Village.”The dining hall and the training facilities, are truly exceptional. The residence towers have been a huge challenge for us, but I’m happy to say they too are finally falling into line.”A total of 35 Canadian support staff will move in to the village on Sunday. About 40 athletes and coaches from women’s gymnastics, shooting, table tennis, and men’s field hockey are scheduled to arrive on Monday.CANADA’S SUPPORTGary Lunn, sports minister of Canada called up MS Gill late on Sunday evening to give his support to the Games. “We are not worried by reports in the international media which are often exaggerated. Difficulties do come at large events. We had them in the Vancouver Winter Games. We are confident that you will overcome them. We are coming with full force. I look forward to meeting you in Delhi,” Lunn said.advertisementIn response, Gill assured him that all Indian authorities are working very hard to overcome the shortcomings. “We look forward to welcoming the Canadian contingent very soon,” he said.
Sawarn Singh Virk rows at the Chungju Tanhgeum lake on Thursday.Englishman Steve Redgrave was to rowing what Usain Bolt is to sprinting – there have been many great athletes in their respective sports but no one can match their Olympic achievements.These are the people who inspire youngsters sitting in remote areas of the globe to take up these sports and help them dream of Olympic gold medals.Sawarn Singh Virk is no different. A huge fan of Redgrave, Sawarn gave up his first love, volleyball, to take up rowing in 2009. Five years later, he won his maiden Asian Games medal on Thursday, in the men’s single sculls event, though it wasn’t the lustrous gold medals he saw around Redgrave’s neck but India’s hoodoo at these Games, a bronze.Soon after, it was another bronze for the country in the men’s eight event, behind China and Japan on a day when the weather was pleasant and the wind didn’t cause much trouble.Indian rower Sawarn Singh Virk won his maiden Asian Games medal in the men’s single sculls event.It’s not easy for rowers to stay motivated. Compared to indoor sports where spectators egg you on, these men and women have to keep goading themselves and hope for the best in open water.At the picturesque Chungju Tanhgeum Lake Rowing Centre, which is a three hour drive from the main city, Sawarn grew in stature as an international rower after first getting noticed when he qualified for the 2012 London Olympics.advertisementBefore leaving for Incheon, Sawarn had spoken about wanting to win gold this time and emulating Bajrang Lal Takhar’s achievement in Guangzhou four years ago, but his best efforts were thwarted by Iran’s Mohsen Shadinagadeh and Kim Dongyong of South Korea. Incidentally, Sawarn used a boat bearing Bajrang’s name.Sawarn said after the event: “I was aiming to win gold here but got the bronze. I wish to train hard and do well in the Rio Olympics.”Members of the men’s eight team with their bronze medals.This is a sport where muscle power, concentration, proper breathing pattern and the ability to produce a final burst matters immensely. One look at Sawarn’s chiselled frame tells you that he has the physical tools to do the job.Sawarn pulled hard to lead the field in the first 500 metres, completing the distance in 1 minute and 43.86 seconds. Over the next 500 metres, too, he led the way, conceding just three hundredths of a second to the Iranian.It was the third 500m section where Mohsen overtook him, and by the end of the 2000m race, Sawarn had lost so much steam that Kim not only overtook him but finished about four and a half seconds ahead of him. Sawarn’s final time was 7 minutes and 10.65 seconds, and he later collapsed due to exhaustion.It all boils down to preparation, and the fact remains that India’s improving rowers still train at a place that is a world away from the Korean facility – the Hussain Sagar Lake in Hyderabad. The rowers and coach Ismail Baig have got them some success thus far, but to take the next step, better facilities and more focused training are required.In a sport like this, recovery plays a huge role and that’s where physios and trainers are needed to help these athletes.
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Martinez offers transfer advice to Chelsea ace Hazardby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBelgium coach Roberto Martinez says Chelsea ace Eden Hazard needs to trust his “intuition” over the prospect of leaving for Real Madrid. With Real circling, Hazard has postponed new contract talks until the end of the season.Martinez has weighed into the debate, stating: “Hazard? He is a person who is always guided by his intuition. He is a realistic player. “He left Belgium very young because he wanted to be a footballer, and from there, he managed things with his clubs that are not normal. He is a person who is prepared to arrive in any project at the global level. “My advice is that he be happy and follow his intuition.”
TagsPremiership NewsAbout the authorIan FerrisShare the loveHave your say Man City midfielder Silva writes to FA over Mendy tweetby Ian Ferrisa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva has written to the FA to say he regrets the fact his social media post may have unintentionally caused offence, reports BBC Sport.BBC Sport understands Bernardo personally wrote the letter, which was submitted before Thursday’s 17:00 BST deadline.Team-mate Benjamin Mendy has also written to the FA in support of Bernardo, saying he did not take offence at the posts.Bernardo is adamant he never intended to offend and his posts were not racially motivated.
MEXICO CITY — The theft of $3 billion in fuel every year from Mexico’s state-run fuel depots and pipelines is an inside job, the country’s new president said Thursday.President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said thieves didn’t just drill taps into government pipelines. He said company employees stole fuel and distributed it, or helped thieves by ensuring fuel continued to run through pipelines.The country’s top prosecutor said criminal investigations have been opened against three employees of the state-owned oil company Pemex for their alleged involvement in the scam.While thieves drill an average of about 42 illegal taps per day, Lopez Obrador said that represents only about 20 per cent of losses. The rest was presumably stolen from distribution centres aboard tanker trucks.“There is a hypothesis that of all the (fuel) thefts, only about 20 per cent is done by illegal pipeline taps,” Lopez Obrador said. “It’s a kind of smoke-screen, and the majority is done through a scheme that involves the complicity of authorities and a distribution network.”Lopez Obrador suggested much of the stolen fuel left distribution centres aboard about 600 tanker trucks every day carrying fuel worth about $10 million per day.Authorities have long suspected Pemex employees of complicity in the thefts, since drilling illegal taps and extracting fuel without causing an explosion requires inside knowledge.But an even bigger mystery has been how that much stolen fuel gets sold; simply selling it on roadsides to passing truckers could never account for the vast amount of stolen gasoline and diesel.A few dozen gasoline stations have been implicated in selling stolen fuel, but that also wouldn’t account for enough sales volume.“If we’re talking about 600 tanker trucks per day, we’re not just talking about “huachicol” pipeline thefts,” Lopez Obrador said. “We are talking about a scheme that has involvement inside the governments and has a fuel distribution system, because it is not easy to distribute and sell 600 tanker trucks per day.”Officials say that by targeting corrupt employees and monitoring fuel shipments they have already managed to reduce the thefts since Lopez Obrador took office on Dec. 1.Military personnel are participating in a new plan to monitor distribution depots.Still, the problem remains strikingly widespread; authorities found 12,581 illegal pipeline taps in first 10 months of year, equivalent to about 42 per day. Fuel theft gangs also have brought extreme violence to previously peaceful states in central Mexico, and the gangs frequently recruit entire neighbourhoods to block police raids and acts as lookouts.The Associated Press
HONOLULU — Hawaii tour companies, hotels and airlines are pitching in more than $50,000 to keep the USS Arizona Memorial visitors’ centre open during the federal government shutdown.The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports the money will keep the National Park Service facility staffed, its bathrooms open and its programs running for at least another week.Pacific Historic Parks CEO Aileen Utterdyke called the gesture “excellent.”She runs a non-profit organization that supports the operations of the memorial and the Park Service.Earlier during the shutdown, Pearl Harbor nonprofits and Hawaii’s state tourism agency provided funds to keep the visitors centre open.Tourism industry officials worry travellers will cancel their Hawaii vacations if the Pearl Harbor visitors’ centre closes.Utterdyke says that would affect airlines and hotels and have a trickle-down effect.The Associated Press
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John RCMP are looking for information after an eyewitness broke up what appeared to be an attempt to abduct a child on Saturday.The RCMP responded to a call on May 12, after an eyewitness confronted a male who was allegedly trying to take a child from his mother. The details are limited, but the RCMP are looking to speak with both the woman and the male involved in the incident.According to an eyewitness, a male was allegedly seen taking a 4 to 5-year-old child in the Subway parking lot at 100 street and 97 avenue between 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. The child began screaming as did the mother, which alerted a nearby witness. The witness allegedly confronted the male and instructed him to put down the child. The male put down the child and left the scene heading on foot towards the North Peace Leisure Pool. The mother and child also left on foot, heading westbound, towards 102 street.All three are described as being of South Asian or Middle Eastern descent.The alleged male suspect is described as being between 25 and 33-years-old, having a five o’clock shadow, with a thick neck and white button-up shirt with black shoes.The female is described as wearing a full purple burqa, with purple bands and between the age of 25 and 30 with a height of 5’4” and 170 pounds. The child is described as wearing a white shirt with a blue collar and having black medium length hair.Police would like to confirm the wellbeing of the woman and child and would like to speak to anyone involved in this incident as well as anyone having information as to the identity of these persons.Please contact Cst PERDUE at 250-787-8100 with any information. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477. Crime Stoppers tipsters do not have to provide their name, address or telephone number and may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000 for information leading to an arrest and charge.
Dr. Tom Perry, a Vancouver medical specialist who led the pledge drive at the 3D Medical Conference, said he was excited that visitors to Tumbler Ridge helped raise a substantial contribution toward keeping the museum open.“The Peace River Palaeontology Research Centre and Tumbler Ridge Museum are not just provincial, but national treasures,” said Dr. Perry. “I think that the doctors, pharmacists and other health professionals attending our course recognized the tremendous value of this resource for science and education, and want to see it thrive over the long term.”Dr. Helm said that the Foundation’s long-term goal remains to work with municipal and regional governments to secure stable funding from the Province. TUMBLER RIDGE, B.C. – Officials with the Tumbler Ridge Museum Foundation say that after being closed since March due to financial difficulties, the Tumbler Ridge Museum was able to reopen its doors last weekend.Foundation spokesperson Dr. Charles Helm said that the Museum was able to reopen on June 14th after the Foundation was able to secure additional funding in the past couple of months. In early May, the District of Tumbler Ridge, which had denied the Museum’s application for $200,000 in grant funding earlier this year, offered the Foundation $50,000 to open five days a week during the summer tourist season. This followed a ‘challenge grant’ of $50,000 from The Dalglish Family Foundation, challenging government and other funding sources to contribute funds, with the Foundation’s goal to raise $150,000.Dr. Helm said that over $20,000 was pledged by the attendees of the Drugs, Dinos and Dinner Medical Conference held in Tumbler Ridge earlier this month. Kelly McManus and Roachelle LaPrairie pledged a substantial personal donation, supported by sizeable contributions from LaPrairie Crane and Northland Fleet. The Lions Club of Tumbler Ridge then came forward with a further major contribution. Coupled with a contribution from the District of Tumbler Ridge, Dr. Helm said that the goal had been reached.