Recommended for you Related Items:grand turk, popular, ralph higgs Premier attends town hall meetings Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 05 Nov 2015 – Grand Turk tourism is cleaner again following battering by category four Hurricane Joaquin. Magnetic Media spoke to Ralph Higgs, the TCI Tourist Board director who assured that the country’s cruise and dive capital is fine. “So in time, Grand Turk as I said will be restored and people will continue, particularly our cruise passengers, will continue to patronize Grand Turk. Grand Turk is still one of the most popular cruise destinations…” Cruise figures forecast to drop, says Tourism Director Minister of Works puts government buildings reconstruction post hurricanes at $8.6m Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
The print edition of Aftermarket Business carried a monthly circulation of 20,000. The digital version will be e-mailed to more than 140,000 “decision makers and influencers” in the auto distribution market, the company said.Advanstar partnered with digital vendor Nxtbook Media to develop the magazine’s digital format. “Print magazines don’t inherently translate well to a comp screen,” Savas said. “So, instead of having a 150-page magazine replicated for the Web, we’ll produce a 15-, 16-page e-magazine in rectangular format that’s easy to read on a computer screen.”While he declined offer a specific amount, Savas said transitioning to digital will also save a significant amount of money in printing and distribution costs. “Like every other magazine, our revenue was declining in print,” he said. “While it didn’t get to the point where the magazine was losing money overall, we decided that a new strategy was in order.” Trade publisher Advanstar Communications has decided to fold the print edition of auto title Aftermarket Business. The December issue will be its last.Starting in January, Advanstar instead will publish a monthly digital version of the 73-year-old magazine as well as twice-weekly e-newsletters. Going all-digital is a “more efficient and timely method of reaching buyers and sellers in distribution,” Advanstar vice president and Automotive Group general manager Jim Savas told FOLIO:. “Our audience is less reliant today on old media in a monthly print format. They’re reacting to news much quicker. This is another evolution in the way we want to help our advertisers communicate to the distribution audience.”
WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights of the Wilmington Police Log for Wednesday, April 10, 2019:Carol A. Sugalski (55, Marlborough) was issued a summons for Operating A Motor Vehicle With A Revoked Registration; Uninsured Motor Vehicle; and Speeding. Sugalski was pulled over on Shawsheen Avenue. (9:40am)Tore A. Lynne (42, Salem) was issued a summons for Operating A Motor Vehicle With A Revoked Registration and Uninsured Motor Vehicle. Lynne’s vehicle had been abandoned in the a parking lot on Jewel Drive for months. (10:30am)The Boutwell Early Childhood Center had a fire drill. (12:35pm)A dump truck towing a trailer stopped prior to crossing Butters Row Bridge. Vehicle was able to turn around and is on his way. (5:29pm)A new homeowner on Lincoln Street reports their septic tank overflowed into their yard. Police notified the Health Inspector. (8:07pm)(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedPOLICE LOG for August 15: Wilmington Man Arrested; Driver Issued Summonses; Teens Bullying At Plaza?In “Police Log”ARREST LOG: Wilmington Police Make 3 Arrests & Issue 4 SummonsesIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for July 9: Police Issue 2 Summonses To Drivers; Windows Kicked In At BusinessIn “Police Log”
The United States braced Sunday for a second day of furious protests against Donald Trump’s ban on travellers from seven Muslim countries as the White House doubled down despite a partial stay from a federal judge.Protests were scheduled outside the White House and in New York’s Battery Park, which looks across to the Statue of Liberty-America’s famed beacon of freedom and immigration-and expected at airports nationwide.Trump signed the temporary ban as an executive order on Friday afternoon, suspending the arrival of all refugees for at least 120 days and barring visa holders from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.Also affected were foreign dual nationals, who may not have needed a visa to enter the United States, for example British citizens, and at least initially green card holders already on the path to US citizenship.The inclusion of green card holders sparked particular outrage, leading White House chief of staff Reince Priebus to backpedal Sunday, telling CBS television that the ban “didn’t affect them.”Nevertheless they are still liable to face “extreme vetting” at US borders upon arrival.The travel ban triggered shock and confusion, as well as a wave of anger at home and abroad, sparking demonstrations Saturday at airports in Washington, Chicago, Minneapolis, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Dallas.Travelers were detained at US borders, splitting families-such as a father unable to reach his son’s wedding, and a grandmother unable to meet her grandchildren-and officials warned it was a “gift to extremists.”On Saturday night, a federal judge in New York partially blocked the order, saying that US authorities could not to deport refugees or other people detained on arrival.But Trump-the New York real estate billionaire turned Republican commander-in-chief-was unrepentant Sunday, defending his policy in the face of growing outrage across the globe and from Americans at home.“Our country needs strong borders and extreme vetting, NOW. Look what is happening all over Europe and, indeed, the world – a horrible mess!” he tweeted to his nearly 23 million followers.Bannon promoted -The Department of Homeland Security said it would comply with court orders not to deport those already detained, but said it would otherwise continue to enforce the order.“Prohibited travel will remain prohibited, and the US government retains its right to revoke visas at any time if required for national security or public safety,” it said in a statement.Trump fanned further disquiet by giving controversial adviser Steve Bannon, a founding member of far-right website Breitbart News, a permanent seat on the National Security Council at the expense of other security chiefs.While Bannon was promoted, the Director of National Intelligence and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will now be present only when “their responsibilities and expertise” are required, said an executive memorandum.The exact number of those affected by the travel ban is unclear, but Judge Ann Donnelly ordered the government to provide lists of all those detained at US airports since the measure went into effect.She issued the emergency stay late Saturday night but did not broach the constitutionality of Trump’s order to the anger of protestors at New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport, where thousands had gathered.“People are prepared to stand against this” said David Gaddis, 43. “Every day he’s in office, it’s a national emergency.”Deporting those travelers following Trump’s order exposes them to “substantial and irreparable injury,” Donnelly wrote in her decision.The American Civil Liberties Union went to court after two Iraqi men, one of whom had worked as an interpreter for the US military after the 2003 US-led invasion, were detained on arrival at JFK.Overseas outrage -A second federal judge in Virginia issued a temporary order restricting authorities for seven days from deporting legal permanent residents detained at Dulles Airport just outside Washington.The order follows through on one of his most controversial campaign promises, to subject travelers from Muslim-majority countries to “extreme vetting”-which he declared would make America safe from “radical Islamic terrorists.”The State Department has said that only people holding a dual citizenship with the US will be allowed to enter.The plan triggered a fierce political backlash, but was endorsed by Republican Speaker of the House Paul Ryan.Democratic lawmakers have also been up in arms, seeing the ban as an opportunity to galvanize outrage to the new president.“This is not who we are,” wrote former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on Twitter.German Chancellor Angela Merkel slammed the restrictions, saying it was “not justified” to target people based on their background or religion and a spokesman said Berlin will examine the consequences for German citizens.British Prime Minister Theresa May, who met Trump in Washington on a charm offensive last week, said she did “not agree” with the restrictions.British athletics legend Mo Farah, who was born in Somalia, called it a policy of “ignorance and prejudice” that could keep him apart from his family, based in Oregon, while he is currently training in Ethiopia.And in Iraq, a key partner in the war against jihadists for more than two years, there were calls for a reciprocal ban on US citizens.
TravelBrands makes waves with fifth successful SeaU Posted by Tags: TravelBrands Travelweek Group Thursday, November 2, 2017 MISSISSAUGA — TravelBrands’ fifth SeaU, taking place last week aboard Anthem of the Seas, treated some 150 travel agents, team members and suppliers to a week of prizes, speakers and raising awareness for hurricane relief.“This was our most action-packed SeaU to date,” says Frank DeMarinis, President & CEO, TravelBrands.DeMarinis added that while the group enjoyed their trip, “we felt that it was important to give back to the surrounding communities affected by recent natural disasters.” Through the generous contributions of travel agents, Royal Caribbean and TravelBrands, the group raised US$10,000 towards the hurricane relief fund.SeaU is filled with training sessions, workshops and seminars to give agents and partners all the tools necessary to make the best cruise sale, he said.Throughout the duration of the sailing, 10 suppliers presented their products to 125 travel agents in both English and French. Larry Pimentel, President & CEO of Azamara Club Cruises was the keynote speaker while Ron Petit from Royal Caribbean held a conference on Autism at Sea.More news: Beep, beep! Transat hits the streets with Cubamania truckMultiple prizes were awarded to agents throughout the sail. Radha Yipchuck of Titan Tours won back the value of her SeaU participation fee. Gisèle Boissonneault of Voyages Gaby won a cruise on the MSC Seaside. Manon Chartrand of Exotentik won a spot on the inaugural of the Norwegian Cruise Line Bliss and air for two. Janet Flegel of Celebration Travel and Mary Elsa May of itravel2000 each were rewarded a cruise for two including air on Royal Caribbean Cruise Line.In addition to these winnings, each agent received 2,500 Access Loyalty Rewards points to be applied on their next five cruises booked through Encore Cruises.Anthem of the Seas departed from Cape Liberty and made stops in Nassau, Port Canaveral and CocoCay. During the port day at Port Canaveral, Universal Orlando hosted the agents in their theme parks. TravelBrands’ SeaU takes place every 18-24 months. Share << Previous PostNext Post >>
More capacity on the way as Air Canada announces return of full India service Posted by Travelweek Group Tags: Air Canada, Delhi MONTREAL — Air Canada says it will resume its daily, nonstop Toronto-Delhi flights eastbound on Oct. 1 and westbound on Oct. 3, with additional capacity coming Oct. 27 with 400-seat B777-300ER aircraft.All flights are now available for purchase.Air Canada had announced on Feb. 27 that it was suspending its India service due to airspace closures over Pakistan. In recent days Pakistan has reopened its airspace to commercial flights, opening up the route again. Air India has also resumed its flights over Pakistan.Air Canada operates daily service from Toronto and Vancouver to Delhi and four times weekly between Toronto and Mumbai.The carrier’s Vancouver-Delhi flights will resume at their usual flight times starting Aug. 1.“We are very pleased to resume our daily, nonstop Toronto-Delhi flights in time for Diwali celebrations, and with additional capacity going forward to meet expected demand,” says Mark Galardo, Vice President, Network Planning at Air Canada.“With our Delhi flights returning to normal together with our seasonal return to Mumbai for fall firmly demonstrating our long term commitment to this vibrant market, we look forward to operating our full schedule to India.”More news: War of words between Transat, Group Mach ramps upThe Toronto-Delhi flights will be operated initially with Boeing 787 Dreamliners and beginning Oct. 27, additional capacity will be added to this route with 400-seat Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, featuring Air Canada’s Signature Class, Premium Economy and Economy classes of service.Air Canada’s seasonal Toronto-Mumbai flights will operate four times weekly from Oct. 27, 2019 until March 28, 2020 with Boeing 777-200LR aircraft.Air Canada will have up to 18 weekly flights connecting a multitude of cities in North America to Delhi from both Toronto and Vancouver, and to Mumbai from Toronto.Flight AC42 will depart Toronto at 10:10 p.m., arriving in Delhi at 9:35 p.m. Flight AC43 will depart Delhi at 12:10 a.m., returning to Toronto at 5:05 a.m.From Vancouver, flight AC44 will depart 1:15 a.m., arriving in Delhi at 3:50 a.m. On the return, AC45 will leave Delhi at 5:55 a.m., arriving back in Vancouver at 7:30 a.m.All of the above flights are daily.More news: Transat calls Groupe Mach’s latest offer “highly abusive, coercive and misleading”To Mumbai, flight AC46 departs Toronto at 8:45 p.m., arriving BOM at 10:10 p.m., on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. On the return, flight AC47 departs BOM at 11:45 p.m. and gets back to Toronto at 5:25 a.m., Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.“The resumption of Air Canada’s direct flights is a most welcome development,” said Kasi Rao, President & CEO of the Canada-India Business Council. “At a time of increasing commercial activity between Canada and India, Air Canada’s direct flights represent a very important element in connecting the business communities in both countries as well as the growing number of tourists, students, families and cargo traffic.” Share Tuesday, July 23, 2019 << Previous PostNext Post >>
Advertisement A ring of criminals who have allegedly siphoned $4 million from accounts of unsuspecting savers at Automated Teller Machines (ATM) in the country has been bust by the Zambian police who say foreigners working with local Zambians are suspected of being part of the criminal ring.Police deputy inspector general, Solomon Jere said Officers specialised in dealing with cyber crime will soon embark on awareness campaigns to educate members of the public on the vice.[related-posts] – Advertisement – Jere said the police are concerned that the Zambians involved in the ring have allegedly been working with foreigners said to be specialising in ATM theft. He however, has not revealed whether any of the criminals have been arrested in connection with the $4 million theft and the banks affected.He warned the Zambian public to be cautious as criminal elements may attempt to take advantage of the upcoming International Trade Fair and the Agricultural and Commercial Show to steal more from unsuspecting bank customers through ATMs.The Bankers Association of Zambia warned of increased ATM theft in the country two months ago.In March this year, unknown people tempered with Barclays Bank Zambia ATM control system and fraudulently withdrew large sums of money from one of its branches in Kabwe.Credit: ItWeb Africa