Stafanie Taylor, the Jamaican who led the regional women’s cricket team to its first ICC World T20 title, was treated to a welcome-home ceremony fit for a heroine inside the Pineapple Lounge at the Norman Manley International Airport yesterday.In attendance at yesterday’s event were Minister of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport Olivia ‘Babsy’ Grange, who also represents the Spanish Town constituency from whence the cricketer hails; and Wilford ‘Billy’ Heaven, president of the Jamaica Cricket Association, who praised the Jamaican for having “team spirit that we have never seen before”.It was Taylor’s third time at the World Cup and first in the leadership role, having been appointed captain in September last year.”The road has been really rough, I can tell you being the captain and the leader. It left me with no friends,” she joked.”When we got into Barbados, I got a reception that I’ve never received before; I felt like a superstar when we arrived in Barbados yesterday, and today, it was like a reminder of feeling like a superstar,” she told the media.The 24-year-old said thanks to the fans, supporters, sponsors and her family at home who were eagerly awaiting her arrival.”Today, it is Spanish Town day,” joked Grange, who said all the people of the Caribbean will be talking about her constituent for years.”I am really happy to be here again. Stafanie has been a source of inspiration for many of us. Years from now, we will be talking about this little girl from Gordon Pen in Spanish Town that led a band of heroines from the Caribbean and made history in Kolkata, India,” said Grange.She added that “a big session” will take place for Taylor in Gordon Pen today and also assured that plans will begin soon to rehabilitate the Stafanie Taylor Oval at Eltham High School, where Taylor’s talent blossomed while a student there.Taylor, who was named Player of the Tournament for her consistent contribution, was named captain of the ICC Select World T20 team of the tournament, which includes fellow West Indies player, Barbadian all rounder Deandra Dottin.Patrick King, director of customer solutions, Digicel, which is the main sponsor of West Indies cricket, said his organisation remains proud to be a part of the ascendancy of the game in the region.The West Indies men’s team also won the World T20 title, on Sunday in England, and in February, the West Indies Under-19 team won the ICC Youth World Cup in Sri Lanka.
One of Donegal’s rural roads has been identified on a list of Ireland’s worst accident blackspots.A new analysis of the most treacherous road segments in Ireland has shown that the N56 in Gaoth Dobhair, where the road meets the junction of the R258 and crosses the Clady Bridge, is one of the 20 most dangerous areas.The research carried out by Gamma Location Intelligence found that the Donegal segment had a collision rate of 125, based on the number of road accidents per 100 million vehicle kilometres. The most dangerous stretch of road was found to be in Galway, located just east of Kylemore Lough, from Cliften to near Leenaune along the N59. This road had a collision rate of 1131.Richard Garry, Director of Location Intelligence for Gamma said: “Overall, according to the data provided by Transport Infrastructure Ireland, collision rates are decreasing across the country.“However, there are specific stretches of roads where the frequency of collisions is still high.“Not only does this analysis show drivers where they need to take extra care; it is also useful for insurance companies as it identifies the areas which are worst for road accidents and enables them to better assess risk.” West Donegal road named as one of Ireland’s most dangerous areas was last modified: September 26th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
It is a long way from Carndonagh, but even so, that hasn’t stopped one Donegal rugby club from making the near 12,000-mile round trip halfway across the world for the highly anticipated Rugby World Cup. The Inishowen Rugby Club, Ireland’s most northerly rugby enclave, reached Japan last week before the squads opening game against Scotland on Sunday last. The oval ball has not traditionally reached those parts of Donegal. But it infiltrated Inishowen sometime in the 1970s and is still there.Club President of Inishowen Rugby Club, Anne Scott, and a squad of club members join their fellow countrymen and women in the Asian country, painting parts of the country green in the process.Speaking from Japan on Friday, Anne Scott, said the experience ‘was something else’. She said: “The atmosphere in the Yokohama Stadium (against Scotland) was fantastic and the organisation was second to none.“Japan is a country of contrasts – the old is revered and the new is everywhere. The Japanese people are incredibly helpful and polite and there are many more signs in English than we imagined.“The food is wonderful if you are willing to experiment and chopsticks can be mastered! It is something else.“Roll on the next game against our hosts.”Ireland will take on host Japan on tomorrow morning (Sat) at Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa (08:15am local time). From the Hills of Donegal to the Land of the Rising Sun: Inishowen Rubgy Club reach Japan for World Cup was last modified: September 27th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Another terrible school shooting imitating the Columbine rampage has occurred, this time in Finland (see CNN). Before killing eight students and himself, the 18-year-old murderer stated in a rambling note, “I am prepared to fight and die for my cause. I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit, disgraces of human race and failures of natural selection.” He called himself “a cynical existentialist, anti-human humanist, anti-social social-Darwinist, realistic idealist and god-like atheist.”CNN, with its typical deductively-challenged propensity for the irrelevant non-sequitur, blames the gun: “Finland, which enjoys a strong tradition of hunting, has a high proportion of gun ownership, with two million firearms owned in a nation of only five million.” TV news anchors interviewed psychologists, who portrayed the killer as among those disaffected youths who feel alienated and powerless – i.e., victims, so it’s our fault. Funny; hardship didn’t seem to create psychopaths during the Depression – it made many appreciate what little they had, and work harder. At times like this, students need psychobabble like they need a hole in the head. Why is no one pointing out the obvious fact that this killer, and the Columbine killers, saturated their minds with hate from radical rock, inspired by the purposelessness of a pointless, godless existence?I’m your nightmare coming trueI am your worst enemy…I am unrestrained excess.His ability to buy a gun and post YouTube videos with his own videocam belies any claim he was disaffected. He had excess, he never learned restraint, and was proud of it! His problem was not self-esteem, but others-esteem and God-esteem. Darwinism glorifies self as the agent of progress. Fill a selfish, undisciplined young person’s ears with the screaming rock of pride, power, hate, death and destruction, and what do you expect? The Darwin Party will, of course, be indignant if we associate this lone killer with their belief system, so let us humbly ask them if creationist writing is producing sociopaths like this on a regular basis. Let’s do the math. How many have been murdered by advocates of Love your enemies and do good to those who hate you compared to advocates of Survival of the fittest? Check the body count. After Columbine and Helsinki, creationists can tally up the victims of Hitler, Stalin, Mao (11/30/2005), Pol Pot, Castro and Kim Jong Il, but why go on? We already know, one death is a tragedy, 148 million is a statistic.Stalin’s goons routinely shot far more people per day than this lone murderer did. Sometimes he would give his henchmen quotas to meet. They would go out and round up innocent victims at random and shoot them in cold blood. Then, they would be very proud if they could report back to the Man of Steel, that same man who years before had torn off his seminarian robes and became an atheist after reading The Origin, that they exceeded their quota for the day.Darwinian teachers can claim from their sanitized lecterns that evolutionary theory is not responsible for what people do, but like philosopher Greg Bahnsen warned, if the plane is going to Boston, there’s no getting off at Chicago. Evolutionists need to take their world view to its logical conclusion. Students are better at making connections than their teachers suspect. The article mentioned that one of the killer’s favorites was the anarchistic, antichristian rock song Stray Bullet by KMFDM:I have come to rock your worldI have come to shake your faithAnathematic AnarchistI have come to take my place.How much are you willing to bet this killer also just adored Pearl Jam’s Do the Evolution video (08/31/2006)?I am ahead, I am advancedI am the first mammal to make plans, yeahI crawled the earth, but now I’m higherTwenty-ten, watch it go to fireIts evolution, baby, It’s evolution, babyDo the evolution – Come on, come on, come on!Undoubtedly the following was never found in his Favorites playlist:Praise to the Lord, the Almighty the King of Creation.O my soul praise him, for He is thy health and salvation.All ye who hear, now to His temple draw near;Praise Him in glad adoration.(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)FacebookTwitterPinterestSave分享0
Read Next Asi Taulava now can heave a sigh of relief.Filipino-Tongan basketball player Pauliasi “Asi” Taulava has scored against the Bureau of Internal Revenue, as the Court of Tax Appeals acquitted him of P9.55-million tax evasion charges.In a 41-page decision dated Nov. 3, the CTA First Division said BIR failed to prove that it properly served the final letter of demand informing Taulava of his tax assessment for the year 2004.ADVERTISEMENT The prosecution did not present the registry receipt issued by the Bureau of Posts or the registry return card as proof that Taulava was mailed the assessment notice, which he denied receiving.The failure to give due process to Taulava “gives rise to the conclusion that the accused is under no obligation to pay for the subject taxes,” read the decision penned by Associate Justice Erlinda P. Uy.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutAssociate Justices Roman G. del Rosario and Cielito N. Mindaro-Grulla concurred in the decision.BIR accused Taulava, who currently plays for NLEX Road Warriors and is the oldest active player in the Philippine Basketball Association, of failing to pay his deficiency income tax and value-added tax for the year 2004. QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort PBA D-League Draft set Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC LATEST STORIES Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Duterte calls out gov’t agencies: Simplify transactions or I’ll kill you? PLAY LIST 02:24Duterte calls out gov’t agencies: Simplify transactions or I’ll kill you?01:15SC chief Peralta wants US-Marshall patterned security for PH judges00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA The said assessments were stated in separate assessment notices dated Jan. 5, 2009. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion View comments MOST READ
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppThree children and a boy barely an adult could spend time in jail for a cruel robbery in Grand Turk, where a barmaid was struck in her head with a baseball bat and money was stolen. If our juvenile center never before had long term tenants, it seems poised to now get some. Sadly, Police today report that a 14 year old, two 17 year olds and an 18 year old all say they are guilty of the incident from June 14, 2016 when shortly after midnight, the four entered the Ocean View Bar on West Road in Grand Turk and robbed it, but not before violently attacking the female attendant. She was struck in her head and about her arms with a bat by these boys, who now offer no challenge on the crime and have to see what a judge says about the time they will spend in prison. The four – including Jerry Dossou and Tashawn Higgs, both 17 and Brian Blenman, 18 – were arrested and charged four days after the armed robbery, where Police say they dressed the part – all in black and took the cash register earnings and the woman’s handbag before running off. The four will be sentenced on October 7, 2016. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:4 boys rob bar in Grand Turk, Ocean View bar robbery, woman violently attacked in Grand Turk bar robbery
The print edition of Aftermarket Business carried a monthly circulation of 20,000. The digital version will be e-mailed to more than 140,000 “decision makers and influencers” in the auto distribution market, the company said.Advanstar partnered with digital vendor Nxtbook Media to develop the magazine’s digital format. “Print magazines don’t inherently translate well to a comp screen,” Savas said. “So, instead of having a 150-page magazine replicated for the Web, we’ll produce a 15-, 16-page e-magazine in rectangular format that’s easy to read on a computer screen.”While he declined offer a specific amount, Savas said transitioning to digital will also save a significant amount of money in printing and distribution costs. “Like every other magazine, our revenue was declining in print,” he said. “While it didn’t get to the point where the magazine was losing money overall, we decided that a new strategy was in order.” Trade publisher Advanstar Communications has decided to fold the print edition of auto title Aftermarket Business. The December issue will be its last.Starting in January, Advanstar instead will publish a monthly digital version of the 73-year-old magazine as well as twice-weekly e-newsletters. Going all-digital is a “more efficient and timely method of reaching buyers and sellers in distribution,” Advanstar vice president and Automotive Group general manager Jim Savas told FOLIO:. “Our audience is less reliant today on old media in a monthly print format. They’re reacting to news much quicker. This is another evolution in the way we want to help our advertisers communicate to the distribution audience.”