Trinidadian beauty denies Trump tried to kiss herFormer Trinidadian Miss Universe Wendy Fitzwilliam denies that Donald Trump tried to kiss her on the night she won the international pageant in 1998.Fitzwilliam denied that Trump has tried to smack her on the cheek despite a claim by Britain’s Telegraph newspaper, which published a photograph of the U.S. President with his lips planted squarely on her right cheek.Trump was the franchise holder for the Miss universe pageant at the time.The paper made the claim in a November 2016 publication which has now gone viral. The headline stated: ‘No one wants to be kissed by Donald Trump – here’s the proof’The caption to the photo was: ‘Back in 1998, Miss Universe Wendy Fitzwilliam didn’t look impressed by Trump’s attempt at a jubilation kiss either’It was the ninth of ten photos published to support the headline.“He was just congratulating me. He said I am beautiful and smart and I’ll have a good year. At that time (pre-Apprentice and the insane celebrity that came with it), he was kind and excited by Miss Universe, like a true fan of the pageant. He liked me. He was always very respectful of me. It probably helped that his close buddies Russell Simmons and Sean Puffy Combs liked me a lot then too,” Fitzwilliam told the Trinidad Express.” It was very loud during my coronation and chaotic, so he just came in close to speak to me and the media got lots of those shots,” she added.
Jamaica’s Minister of National Security Robert Montague caused uproar this week when he said it was the Christian thing to do to allow prisoners to have conjugal visits behind bars with their legal spouse.Human rights groups have placed their backing firmly behind the minister while other sections of society as hit out against the suggestion describing it as a reward for wrongdoing.“I am determined and insistent that we are going to start conjugal visits and some persons ask me why, but we must treat (incarcerated persons) in a humane way.‘A lot of us (say) that we are Christians but true Christianity is when you do for the least amongst us, so we are working on that,” he said.Advocacy groups support initiativeAdvocacy groups Stand Up for Jamaica and Jamaicans for Justice (JFJ) quickly threw their support behind Montague claiming the visits allow inmates to reconnect with their wives and strengthen their bond with their families.Stand Up Jamaica argued that it is important for prisoners to engage in rehabilitative activities that reduce the likelihood of repeat offending, which is 47 per cent in Jamaica. Spokesperson for JFJ Susan Goffe said: “Measures to facilitate reintegration of inmates in society are important since most prisoners will eventually be released. If inmates leave prisons with stronger family relationships they will be less likely to re-offend.”Unwanted childrenHowever, detractors of the idea are hitting back saying the move would result in a wave of fatherless, unwanted children being unleashed on the nation who in turn will be guided and steered by hardened criminals.There was no definitive word on whether the initiative was applicable to the hundreds of female prisoners who are housed at the Fort Augusta Prison in St Catherine.The government has not yet made an official decision on Montague’s suggestion.
2016 Rio Olympics double sprint gold medalist Elaine Thompson of Jamaica has decided to curtail her 2018 season because of injury. The 26 year-old Thompson who is joint national record holder for the women’s 100m, announced on Sunday via social media that she was ending her 2018 campaign ahead of schedule due to a nagging Achilles problem which has been plaguing her since last year.Thompson’s last race of the season was third place finish in the 100m at the Monaco Diamond League meet on Friday where she clocked 11.02 seconds to finish behind the Ivory Coast pair of Marie Josee Ta-Lou and Murielle Ahoure.Thompson who is also the reigning national 100m champion, is expected to seek treatment along with rest for the injury. However, the specifics have not yet been finalized regarding the time-frame or type of treatment.
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, CMC – The Barbados government will soon develop a framework for medical cannabis, while noting that decriminalization of marijuana for recreational use will have to be decided by a referendum.“There is no doubt that we will put a framework in place for medical cannabis within the next week or so. In fact, we have more or less taken a decision, we just need some refining and training with practitioners,” Prime Minister Mia Mottley said, adding that the island could no longer afford to miss out on the emerging cannabis industry.Decriminalization won’t be taken carelesslyAddressing business leaders here on Friday, Mottley said Barbados would not be going about the decriminalization of marijuana carelessly, adding that careful research would guide her administration’s position.“Barbados cannot do that without anybody else doing it in the region,” Mottley said, noting that Bridgetown would have to be strategic and develop the country as a global leader in the research along with other global leaders in cannabis including Jamaica.Must not make the mistakes of history “We need to recognize that we must not make the mistakes of history. With respect to the cannabis, why would we seek to export when we can package and extract maximum value by having clinics as well as recuperative villages for people who want to deal with a certain aspect of pain management?“So that the whole value-added chain is delivered here, and the area in which we do it which is tourism, and that gives you a long-stay tourist,” she said.“Thirdly, you cannot have your primary market which is Canada, the international business and financial services sector moving rapidly into new areas of investment and you can’t match as a domicile, the ability to accommodate those new areas of investment because if you don’t what are they going to do? Go elsewhere,” she added.Mottley told the business leaders Friday that there would be clear strategic guidelines for Barbados on how to devise a policy that puts this country in a competitive position in the cannabis industry.An opinion poll conducted in several Caribbean countries including Barbados by the Barbados-based Caribbean Development Research Services (CADRES on the issue of the decriminalization of cannabis found that more than 45 per cent of Barbadians were in favor of decriminalization.
MIAMI, Florida – The Miami Rescue Mission |Broward Outreach Centers and over 400 volunteers will provide over 2,500 traditional Thanksgiving meals for the homeless and hungry of Miami-Dade and Broward County at The Great Thanksgiving Banquet on November 28.Clothes and hygiene products will be given to those in need as well as services such as haircuts, medical education and checkups. Intake tables with program information will also be available for those who want off the streets.The events will take place at two locations: the Miami Campus at 2020 NW 1 Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 and the Hollywood Campus at 2056 Scott Street, Hollywood, FL 33020.The Miami campus will have guest speaker, Pastor Kelon Duke from New Jerusalem Primitive Baptist Church. Johnson and Wales University Culinary Students are preparing over 100 turkeys and Girl Scouts Troop # 918 is donating all the pies that will be served.The Hollywood campus will have Pastor Eddie Vega from Fuel Life Church as their guest speaker. Rita Verros, TV Host/Producer on Coral Gables Television will be the MC of the event with entertainment by Scott Evans Productions. The Hollywood campus is going to have a health corner run by the Ron and Kathy Assaf College of Nursing Students & Miami Chapter of Black Nurses Association. There will also be clothing and hygiene giveaways for those in attendance, plus have haircuts for those in need of one.Rev. Ron Brummitt, President of Miami Rescue Mission |Broward Outreach Centers, said of the festivities, “I am so excited that we are able to provide a great meal to the homeless and needy families of South Florida on our campuses. Thanksgiving is a time to realize what you have in this world and realize how you can make the world of someone else a little bit better.”The Miami Rescue Mission/Broward Outreach Centers collectively known as the Caring Place knows that Thanksgiving is a time of celebration and is eager to help provide a festive atmosphere to the homeless and hungry of South Florida.
Super Falcons forward, Francisca ‘Franny’ Ordega turns 24 today. In celebration, the Benue beauty posted a picture of herself on Instagram and Facebook, dressed in a black sheer top, a black skater skirt, mesh pop socks and sneakers.Ordega has won the Africa Women’s Cup of Nations three times (2010, 2014 and 2016). She also earned caps in the 2010 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup, 2012 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup and at senior level, she was a major part of the Super Falcons squad at the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2011 and 2015.Currently playing for Washington Spirit in the USA, Ordega is arguably one Nigeria’s most fashionable female footballers.Happy Birthday, Francisca Ordega!RelatedNFF Celebrate Ordega As She Clocks 23October 19, 2017In “National Team”2019 FIFA WWC: Super Falcons Play Slovakia in FriendlyMay 29, 2019In “National Team”2019 FIFA WWC: Super Falcons Saddle Up for Make or Break Match Against South KoreaJune 12, 2019In “Events”
Super Eagles forward Alex Iwobi has spoken about his decision to play for Nigeria ahead of England.The Arsenal star revealed that he felt more welcome when he was with the U23s and that made a huge impact on his final decision to choose Nigeria despite the fact that he played for England’s youth teams.He stated this during an interview with popular media outlet, The Mirror. In his words, Iwobi said: “I was growing up in England and England was the only national team I knew, so I was actually very pleased to play at national level. However, my family are all from Nigeria, I was born in Nigeria, my uncle (Jay-Jay Okocha) is a legend in Nigeria.”“I went to the Under 23’s and somehow felt more welcome, and I thought it’s where I belong, so I made the decision to switch.” he added.Alex Iwobi has started to show why Nigeria and England fought for him after netting three goals in as many games for the Super Eagles of Nigeria.In his last game for Nigeria, Iwobi produced an excellent display to lead the team to a 4-2 win over Argentina. He weighed in with two goals for the team. Related
Related Articles Share Following yesterday’s decision by the UK Supreme Court that the UK government cannot trigger Article 50 without the consent of Parliament, bookmaker William Hill has lengthened its odds on the UK beginning its EU exit negotiations’ before the end of March, the target date specified by Prime Minister Theresa May.Updating its ‘Article 50 deadline’ market William Hill has moved to price a ‘March trigger’ from 4/7 (63% chance) to 8/11 (57%) as a result of the outcome of the Supreme Court’s Appeal verdict.Noting that the Triggering of Article 50 has split the majority of MPs, William Hill has priced the odds for Article 50 not to be triggered before the end of March have shortened from 5/4 (44%) to ‘even money’ (50%).At present, the bookmaker has priced 1/2 that the UK will officially leave the European Union by 2019. Further prices see William Hill offer 5/2 for a delayed 2020 (or later) departure and 5/1 for the UK exit to take place during 2018 or earlier.Commenting on the Article 50 market, Graham Sharpe William Hill political spokesperson stated; “The Supreme Court ruling may make it slightly more difficult for Theresa May to achieve her stated target of triggering Article 50 before the end of March so we have slightly lengthened the odds”, Submit StumbleUpon EU research agency demands urgent action on loot box consumer safeguards July 29, 2020 Share SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 William Hill accelerates transformation agenda to overcome COVID realities August 5, 2020
The punters went 2-0 up at the Cheltenham Festival, with the bookmakers firmly “on the ropes” after short-price victories for Samcro, Presenting Percy and Altior.The bookmakers began day two desperate for “Irish banker” Samcro to fail in the Ballymore, but the future star proved just too strong for Black Op in the closing stages.Stephen Harris, the racing guru at bettingexpert, commented: “Samcro proved his reputation to be absolutely spot on, racing wide throughout but readily cruising clear to put the bookmakers on the backfoot again having been hammered down to 8/11f by the off.”This was hardly the start the bookmakers needed after the first day, in which the off-course industry lost tens of millions and on-course layer Ben Keith from Star Sports was down £300k.However, the Cheltenham nightmare continued as Presenting Percy, ridden by Davy Russell, chased down Monalee to claim the RSA. This race was also notable for a serious looking injury to Ruby Walsh, who fell when well-placed on Al Boum Photo.With no clear pre-race favourite in a bunched field, the Coral Cup then attracted plenty of each-way money. However, a fourth success of the meet for Willie Mullins on the 20/1 Bleu Berry was to prove the only big success of the day for the bookies, before Altior took centre stage in the Champion Chase.Harris continued: “The bloodbath continued in the RSA chase when Presenting Percy cruised clear hard on the bridle as a well backed 5/2f, and liabilities in multiples off-course were beginning to stack up into the millions across all firms.“The layers cheered home 20/1 chance Bleu Berry, providing them with some respite. However, that proved short lived as Altior, smashed down to Evens from 6/5 in the morning, drove clear up the hill having looked in trouble in-running (touched 5/1 on Betfair).“The punters are 2-0 up with two days to go, and the industry is down at least £50m at this stage.”Watch the video below for Harris’ expert analysis and tips for day three at Cheltenham: StumbleUpon Share Submit Related Articles Share ITV secures three-year British racing broadcast deal August 5, 2020 Better Collective Spotlight: How Betarades.gr is driving engagement through YouTube July 30, 2020 Better Collective cautious on quick recovery as COVID drags growth momentum August 25, 2020
Gamesys tops list for GambleAware Q1 donations July 10, 2020 Submit Related Articles Share Share SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 William Hill accelerates transformation agenda to overcome COVID realities August 5, 2020 StumbleUpon Strengthening its commitment to mixed martial arts, William Hill has been named as the new exclusive gambling partner of Bellator MMA.Under the terms of the new partnership, William Hill will support the MMA promotions company with all Bellator’s European Series events throughout 2020. It comes as Bellator enters the second year of its broadcast relationship with Channel 5.Liam McKee, Global Head of Media & Sponsorship at William Hill, commented: “MMA is one of the fastest growing sports in the world and so a partnership with a major promotion like Bellator made perfect sense to us.“The viewing figures for Bellator’s European Series on Channel 5 and the audience share they are achieving is incredibly strong and so we are delighted to be partnering with them across all of their European shows this year.”Starting with Bellator Dublin: McCourt vs Ruis, which is taking place this Saturday, 22nd February, William Hill will sponsor the Channel 5 broadcast of the event, and its logo will be visible on the canvas in the cage.David Green, Head of Bellator Europe, said: “We are delighted to be partnering with one of the biggest betting companies in the world as we continue to grow our brand and the sport of MMA in the UK and across Europe.“We are making history tomorrow night when Leah McCourt and Judith Ruis become the first female fighters to headline a Bellator European Series card, and we look forward to an action packed year as we take Bellator events to new cities and new countries, and reach an ever growing number of fans both at our live shows and via our broadcasts.”